The Maragon Platinum Mile (NW)
February 2, 2019 N/A
The Maragon Platinum Mile
The Maragon Platinum Mile is an LOC ELITE SERIES EVENT held annually on the first Sunday of February thanks to our great sponsors Maragon Private Schools and Waterdynamix.
Buffelspoort is a beautiful dam with water so clean you could drink it. The dam is located on the northern slopes of the Magaliesberg mountain range, 27 km south east of Rustenburg. Providing you with a beautiful escape, Buffelspoort is a short drive from the fast paced world of Joburg and our executive capital city Pretoria (or Tshwane- as it is now known). 25°46?50?S 27°29?1?E
We encourage school participation and have prizes for the top primary and high school! So gather the troops and make it a day filled with school spirit!
For those wanting to avoid the Sunday morning rush there is accommodation in the area and camping facilities at the dam with safe parking to help put your mind at ease. Bring along a picnic basket or enjoy the yummy treats at the various food tents on the day.
For those that like to catalogue their swims- professional action shots will be on sale throughout the day. So make sure to SMILE BIG when you see the photographer racing past on the boat.
Keeping you all safe throughout the day will be the exceptional Gauteng Lifesavers!
Our legendary announcer and DJ can’t wait to get you in the swimming groove and share this exciting day with all the glorious swimmers and those cheering them on!
Pre entries R112 per swimmer
Fun Swim R56 per swimmer
Late entries on the day R150
All races a MILE except 3km and fun swim
1. 8.30 3km all ages (no first timers)
2. 9:30 under 14 Boys and Girls (Primary Schools)
3. 10:30 14 and over Girls (High School)
4. 11:30 14 and over Boys (High School)
5. 12:30 Women 18 and over.
6. 13:30 Men 18 and over.
7. 14:00 Fun and disabled swim 600m.
Prize Giving 14:30
Conditions Of Entry
Entries close on 30th January 2013. Late entries will be accepted on the day.
Entry to Buffelspoort dam R40 / vehicle.
• Competitors must register an hour before the event.
• Any competitor who fails to obey the conditions of entry or receives assistance while swimming may be disqualified.
• No wetsuits or swimming aids are permitted.
• Competitors are only allowed to swim the event determined by their entry and entries without the name of the school will not be considered for the school awards.
• All competitors swim at their own risk.
If anyone cannot swim 1000m in a pool in 25 minutes, it is NOT advisable to attempt the swim.
Kevin Weakley: 083 679 2473
Di Williamson: 083 254 3628
Cathy George: 083 289284
Fax: 011 786 8869